The Paratroopers Brigade (חטיבת הצנחנים, Hativat HaTzanhanim), also known as the 35th Brigade, is a unit of paratroopers within the Israel Defense Forces (IDF), and forms a major part of the Infantry Corps. It has a history of carrying out special forces-style missions dating back to the 1950s.
Twilight 2000 1st edition canon Edit
- From RDF Sourcebook (GDW 0508):
- Subordination: US Third Army
- Current Location: Bandar-e Khomeyni
- Manpower: 900
The Jordanian and the Israeli governments decided to provide the United States Central Command with reinforcements. Their respective governments decided that a presence in the Persian Gulf area would at least insure them a greater say in oil allocation. The Jordanians sent their crack 5th Armored Divsion. The Israelis sen the 35th Parachute Brigade, the 7th Armored Brigade, and supporting units.
The 35th Parachute Brigade deployed to Bandar-e Khomeyni, Iran.
Non canon orbat Edit
35 “Flying Serpent” Paratrooper Brigade
- 101st “Cobra” Parachute Battalion
- 202nd “Viper” Parachute battalion
- 890th “Echis” Parachute Battalion
- 5135th “Shfifon” Reconnaissance Battalion
- “Naja” Anti-Tank Company
- “Coluber” Engineer Company
- 5173rd “Taipan” Recon Company
- “Eryx” Signal Company