|The following page(s) contains fictitious world events as background material for the Twilight:2000 role-playing game. These events should not be confused with their real life counterparts. People and places shown should in no way be thought of as accurate representations of anything living, dead or undead.|
Popular Council. A reasonably competent, elected council runs Kórnik. It's members are generally doing what they can to help the town. They have managed to assemble a respectable arsenal for the town's militia.
Defensive: Local marauders attack on a semi-regular basis. There are rumours that the marauders are working on getting an old tank working. The militia have guards posted at all times. These guards are rather paranoid, and unwilling to allow armed people into the town without good reason.
Kórnik's militia has the following strength:
- 70 x Mauser bolt action rifle
- 50 x AKMR assault rifles
- 30 x double-barreled shotgun
- 5 x RPK-74 automatic rifles
- 1 x SVD sniper rifle
The Anti-Tank GunEdit
Kórnik has a 125mm Rapira-3 anti-tank gun and a little 125mm ammunition, in a secret location. The Rapira-3 is obviously broken, however, and no-one in the town knows how to repair it, or how to fire it once it's been repaired. The council is keen to get the gun working again, as it would help in the on-going fight with the marauders, especially if the rumours about a tank are true.
Asessing the fault with the gun is a task (Easy:Heavy Weapons or Average:Mechanic), and will reveal that the elevation and firing mechanisms are jammed due to lack of maintenance. Repairing it is a task (Average: Heavy Weapons or Difficult: Mechanic)
The marauders were originally the remains of a KGB punishment battalion. In 1998, the prisoners rounded on their KGB guards, killed them, and set themselves up as marauders. The core is still made up of ex-prisoners, but they have made up losses from local recruitment, and so they now have various nationalities and backgrounds.
Commander: Cheslav Volodimerov. Elite NPC
- 4 sections are made up of 1 x Veteran NPC in command (AK-74, BG-15), 5-9 Experienced NPCs (AK-74)
- 6 sections are made up of 1 x Experienced NPC in command (AK-74), 5-9 Novice NPCs (AK-74)
They are transported in:
- 1 x BTR-80
- 2 x 2 1/2 ton truck
- 2 x UAZ-469, with an SPG-9 recoilless rifle mounted on each (the SPG-9's tripod is welded to the UAZ's cargo bed)
- Each UAZ-469 has 1 Driver (Experienced, Wheeled Vehicle: 6) and 2 crew (Experienced) for the SPG-9
- 2 x 81mm mortar & 2 crew (Experienced) per mortar. 1 x MT-LB + driver (experienced) to carry the mortars, crew and ammunition
The marauders have two non-functional T-55s, and hope to get one working. They have a limited supply of 100mm ammunition.