The M240 Sufa (Heb. סופה, lit. Storm) is a light 4x4 utility vehicle in service with the Israel Defence Forces (IDF).
The M240 is based on the Jeep Wrangler. It is manufactured in Israel by Automotive Industries Ltd (AIL) under licence from Chrysler. The Sufa has been in production since 1990. It fills a number of military roles, including reconnaissance vehicle, command vehicle, and portee for the M40A2 recoilless rifle.
- M240 Sufa: standard version, hard top, used in light reconnaissance role, as patrol vehicle, and command jeep.
- M240D: soft top version with roll bar.
- M240D/RR: modifed to carry an M40A2 106mm recoilless rifle.
- M240 Up-Armored: urban patrol vehicle, armor rated up-to 7.62 armor piercing ammunition.
3rd Edition StatsEdit
- This vehicle's stats are located in the Truck, Tactical article.